Coast Electric is participating in a Nest Thermostat pilot project in conjunction with our generation and transmission cooperative, Cooperative Energy.
Nest thermostats learn behaviors of homeowners and can lead consumers to increased efficiency practices and savings on power bills. This pilot program will study the savings and benefits of the Nest thermostat for Coast Electric members.
Requirements for all participating homes:
- Homes should be all electric
- Members may not be on our Time of Use rate
- No secondary heat sources (fireplaces are okay, woodstoves are not)
- No pools or hot tubs
- 2-5 Occupants
- Coast Electric members in their current home for at least one year
Requirements for new homes:
- Year constructed: 2015-2017
- Duct location: All ducts located in the attic
- Size: 1,950-2,300 sq. ft.
- 3 or 4 bed/2 bath
- Building height: 1-story house
- Framing: Stick 2×4 (R-13)
- Foundation type: Slab (uninsulated)
- Heating/Cooling: Heat pump
- Attic insulation: R-38
- Double-paned windows
If any members feel like they could qualify for the program please email or call our Harrison County Energy Management Representative Tyler Green at 228-539-5720 or Tylergreen@coastepa.com