How can I view my electric account information (due date, bill amount, etc.?)
First, you’ll need to register/create an online account here. After you register, you can view your account information anytime on our website. You may also view your information on our CE on the Go app.

What is required to get power connected to my home?
There are many factors that determine what is required for you to receive power. Please call 1-877-769-2372 to find out specifically what is required in your area.

What methods of payment do you accept?
Besides cash and personal checks, Coast Electric accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit and debit cards. With a credit/debit card, members can pay in person, over the phone, online, on our app or at one of the kiosks located at each of our offices.

Can I apply for power from your website?
Yes, you can. Application for service. 

How much is my deposit and will I have to pay one?
Residential members who are required to pay deposits will be charged $300 or the average of two and a half months of bills. All renters are required to pay deposits. Non-residential accounts will be required to provide a cash deposit or bond equivalent to two and one-half months estimated billings prior to service being connected, subject to the minimums presented below:
o Accounts with less than 1000 kW demand will require a minimum deposit of $ 500.00
o Accounts with greater than 1,000 kW demand will be determined by the contract.
o If a non-residential account is not paid in a timely manner, thus creating a greater credit risk to the Association, the adequacy of the deposit will be evaluated and adjusted if necessary.
o Deposits will earn interest at the 12 month Treasury rate in effect on the first business day of each month.
o Deposits on non-residential accounts are only refundable when the account closes.

How long does it take to get my residential deposit back?
12 months of good payments. (ie., no late payments or disconnects)

How much does it cost to get power connected to my home?
There is a basic charge of $35, plus a membership fee of $5, plus tax. A deposit might also apply. If you are building a new home using a temporary power pole, there is a charge of $35 for the initial set-up of the temporary pole an additional charge of $35 to change the pole from a temporary one to a permanent one.

Why can’t I pay a two-month bill online?
A two month’s bill is also a disconnect notice. If your bill is not paid by the date shown on the disconnect notice, your service is subject to disconnection. Payments made online take a day to process, so there’s a chance that if you make an online payment on your disconnect date, it may not get processed until it’s too late. You are not allowed to pay a two month’s bill online in order to prevent your service from being interrupted.

Can I make an application for new service for someone else?
No. Only the person who wants the electric account to be in his or her name can make application for service.

When will my meter be read?
With our new automated meters, readings are taken daily. Your monthly bill should show a Meter Read Date From month to month, that date should only vary by a few days at most. We encourage you to learn to read your meter and become familiar with your energy use patterns.

Can I report electric service problems from your website**?
To report outages you must use our CE on the Go app or call 877-769-2372. You may report a street light outage here. You may also send an e-mail to call@coastepa.com with inquiries. You should be as specific as possible. A member service representative may contact you to gather additional information. **If your problem is an urgent one – a power outage or a downed power line – please call 911 or 877-769-2372.

I am signed up for recurring credit card payment. Why was my bill not paid?
Has your credit card expired? Have you provided Coast Electric with an updated credit card number? Please call a member services representative at 1-877-769-2372 to find out.

I see there is a charge for environmental compliance on my bill. What is this charge?
This fee represents the cost incurred to meet government-mandated environmental regulations for the generation of power and is based on the number of kWh used X $.003.

Does CEPA provide or set panel boxes?
No. Please consult an electrician.

Does CEPA supply temporary power poles?
No. These should be available at most electrical supply stores or building supply warehouses. Many electrical contractors also supply these.

Can you send someone out to locate your underground lines on or near my property?
If you need an underground power line located, please contact Mississippi One Call at 811 at least two days prior to the start of excavation.