Coast Electric members are being cautioned after the company received word from members in the Saucier area that someone is posing as an employee of the cooperative to try to gain access to residents’ homes. The person is saying they need to inspect the breaker box inside of the home.
Coast Electric members should know:
– There is absolutely no reason a Coast Electric employee should need to enter your home.
– The only exception to this rule is if the member has contacted Coast Electric and made an appointment for a home energy audit.
– Coast Electric does not service any equipment inside of members’ homes and employees will never need access to the inside of your home to do electrical work.
– Employees will be in marked vehicles, wearing clothing with a company logo and should be able to produce a company badge if asked.
If someone tries to gain access to your home:
– Do not let them in.
– Call local authorities.
– Call Coast Electric at 877-769-2372 to report the incident.