Section VII- Line and Service Extensions
- When Association’s primary distribution lines and equipment of adequate capacity are in place adjacent to residence or establishment of prospective Member, then Association will at it expense, install facilities it needs to serve Member. In instances where distribution lines and equipment are not so adjacent or lack adequate capacity for proposed service, Association may require from Member, as a condition of providing service in such instances, a revenue guarantee (minimum bill agreement) or contribution of an amount (aid to construction) and under terms which, in opinion of Association, is sufficient to justify and protect Association’s investment in additions to its system required for service. Line Extension Policies are in accordance with Regulations Governing Extension of Electric Distribution Facilities on file with the Mississippi Public Service Commission.
- Association will provide underground service to Member’s home or establishment, pursuant to its Regulations Governing Extension of Electric Distribution Facilities on file with the Mississippi Public Service Commission.
- When requested by Members or others to make changes in its electric system in order to facilitate construction work or for other purposes solely for convenience of Members or others, Association will make such changes only under a mutually satisfactory agreement and when payment has been made to Association for its estimate of the cost therefor.
- Association shall have right to designate point at which its service wires will connect to Member’s wiring system, the point at which its service wires will connect to Members building or structure, and location of Association’s meter. Member shall provide at no cost to Association, suitable location and accommodation for (a) Association’s meter equipment, (b) such transformer substation as may be required, and (c) easements including tree trimming rights as are necessary for Association’s service facilities.
- Only one service connection line will be installed by Association for one Member. Only one service line will be installed by Association to a building which is occupied by several Members. Deviations from latter rule are only permissible when one service line is not feasible and proposed service line plan is acceptable to Association.
Electric Distribution Facilities Regulations