Apply for Service
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP AND SERVICE CONTRACT
The undersigned (hereinafter called the “Applicant(s)”) hereby applies for membership and agrees to purchase electric energy from Coast Electric Power Association (hereinafter called the “Association”), upon the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant(s) will pay to the Association a membership fee and a deposit which, if this application is accepted by the Association, will constitute the Applicant’s membership fee and deposit to guarantee payment of service charges.
- The Applicant(s) will, when electric energy becomes available and meter is installed, purchase from the Association all electric energy used on the premises described above, and will make payment thereof monthly or when a balance is required on Prepay accounts at rates fixed by the Board of Directors of the Association. The Applicant(s) will pay a minimum amount provided by the applicable rate schedule or contract per day regardless of the number of kilowatt hours consumed.
- The Applicant(s) will comply with and be bound by the previsions of the charter and Bylaws of the Association and such lawful rules, rate schedules, and regulations as may, from time to time, be adopted or amended by the Association and the Mississippi Public Service Commission.
- THE APPLICANT(S) AGREES TO USE ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH IN ARTICLE 11.07 OF THE BYLAWS UNLESS THE APPLICANT(S) REJECTS ARBITRATION WITHIN THE TIME FRAME AND MANNER SPECIFIED IN THE BYLAWS.
- The Applicant(s) hereby grants and conveys to the Association all necessary easements and rights-of-way on, over and under Applicant(s)’s property and gives and grants to the Association, its agents, servants and employees the right to enter upon Applicant’s property at any and all times for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating the Association’s electric power systems, and the Association is also given and granted the right to cut, trim and remove trees and shrubbery on Applicant’s property to the extent deemed necessary by the Association for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating said electric power system.
- Upon acceptance of this application by the Association, this instrument with the documents referred to herein shall constitute the service contract between the Applicant(s) and the Association and shall continue in force and effect until cancelled by either party. Cancellation may be effected by five (5) days written notice thereof given by either to the other. The Applicant(s) hereby agrees to assume liability and to make payment as a part of this account to the following:
- The account for which electric power service is rendered by the Association, pursuant to this application, at the location for which this application for service is made, or any other account or indebtedness due Association from Applicant(s).
- Any delinquent account or amount owed to the Association by Applicant(s) or by anyone who, while this application can remain in force and effect, shall live (or conduct business at) for any period of time at the location for which this application for service is made.
- Any delinquent account or amount which accrued at another location if any person who lived (or conducted business) at such other location while delinquency accrued shall for any period of time live (or conduct business) at the location for which this application for service is made and service is being rendered hereunder.
- Any unauthorized adjustments or damage made to the Applicant’s assigned meter, or Association’s property
- In the event of any delinquency on the account of Applicant(s), Applicant(s) agrees to pay in addition to the amount owed, all reasonable and customary attorneys and/or collector’s fees, not to exceed 40% of the amount owed plus all costs of court. Any obligations due Association, will be set off, and/or recouped from, any capital credits assigned to Applicant(s).
- Applicant(s) will upon request furnish proof of incorporation legal status and authorizations to Association, in which the signers assume full responsibility for this account.
- The Applicant(s) further agrees that in the event security light service is received under this Membership and Service Contract, to abide by the rules and conditions as set forth in the Security Light Service Rate Schedule.
- Coast Electric Power Association administers an "Operation Round Up" program that provides funding to charitable organizations in our service area by rounding up a participating member's bill to the nearest dollar. All members are automatically enrolled in the program which costs a member an average $0.50 per month. If you would like to opt out of the program, please contact our member services department.
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF THE ASSOCIATION’S BYLAWS AND HAVE READ THE SERVICE CONTRACT. I UNDERSTAND THIS SERVICE CONTRACT ALONG WITH THE ASSOCIATION’S SERVICE RULES AND REGULATIONS AND BYLAWS ARE THE GOVERNING DOCUMENTS WITH RESPECT TO MEMBERSHIP AND RECEIVING ELECTRIC SERVICE FROM THE ASSOCIATION AND THAT THESE DOCUMENTS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. I AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS WELL AS ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGES MADE TO THE SERVICE CONTRACT OR THE DOCUMENTS REFERRED TO HEREIN.