We are glad you are taking advantage of our energy and money-saving Time of Use (TOU) rate plan and wanted to remind you that summer peak hours begin April 1. If you have water heater timers, pool pump timers or programmable thermostats, make sure to change the settings to reflect the summer peak hours: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Make sure your timers reflect peak hours, whether it’s your thermostat, water heater timer, pool pump or any other item in your home that you have on an automatic timer.
• In milder spring weather, use ceiling fans instead of your AC if possible. Remember, though, that fans cool you, not the room, so turn them off when you leave the room.
• If you do turn on the AC, we recommend a 78-degree cooling setting. Remember that every degree means savings since your heating and cooling costs make up almost half of your electric bill.
• Get outside during peak hours and enjoy the sunshine.
• Grill outside if the weather is nice or use items like crock pots and instant pots if you need to cook during peak hours.
• Don’t do laundry during peak times.
• If you have an electric vehicle, don’t charge it during peak times.
TOU Success Stories
Do you have a TOU success story you would love to share with your fellow co-op members? We would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com.